Enrollment into the 2017 Pages for Play program is complete. Please check back in January of 2018 to participate next year.
Our brand new reading encouragement program is open to any youth in 3rd, 4th, or 5th grade in the Omaha Metro area. With the help of teacher facilitators and parental guidance, we hope to inspire and reward kids to read. This program is administered by teachers at participating schools.
Students who log 10 hours of recreational reading will receive a FREE single day ticket to Fun-Plex ($25.95 value). Teachers, to participate simply follow the Teacher Coordinator Instructions listed below, paying careful attention to distribute and collect the reading logs by the indicated dates.
Pages for Play Reading Program Teacher Coordinator Instructions
- Send home the reading log to parents. Make sure to send a reading log with each student that is participating in the program.
- Reading logs should arrive in student’s homes by February 17th at the latest, giving students at least 10 weeks to complete the 10 hours of recreational reading before the deadline. Be sure to fill out the heading on your reading log and indicate your deadline. (You will be responsible for returning the logs to Fun-Plex by May 2nd, so be sure to give yourself enough time to collect and submit).
- Let us know you are participating. This helps us know how many resources to allocate toward the program. Just send a quick email to email@example.com stating that your class intends to participate and how many kids you have.
- Collect, sign, and return all completed reading logs to Fun-Plex by the program deadline of May 2nd. Files may be mailed, emailed (firstname.lastname@example.org), or dropped off to the office. Late submissions will not be considered.
- All tickets will be emailed directly to the email listed by the parent on the reading log by May 31st. In addition, a ticket will also be distributed to the teacher coordinator when at least 10 students submit valid reading logs in their class.
The Pages for Play program must be facilitated by a participating school. Contact your student’s teachers in grades 3 through 5 for more information.
*Students may only receive one free ticket per season